Download and Install Software
CTR-Rcvr is distributed as a self-installing CAB file. To install the
software, follow these steps:
- Download the self-installing ARM CAB zip file to the
- Unzip the file and save the CAB file you need to a folder on
-->>> Pocket PC 2002
devices use the ARM CAB file
-->>> Pocket PC 2003/2005
(Windows Mobile 2003/2005) devices use the ARM4 CAB
- Using My Computer on your PC, copy the CAB file from your PC
to the \My Documents\ folder in your Pocket PC.
- Using File Explorer on your Pocket PC, locate the CAB
file and click on it. This will execute the program and install CTR-Rcvr on
your Pocket PC. Once the install is complete, the CAB file will be
NOTE: You will probably get a message indicating that
the program won't display properly because it was designed for a previous
version of Windows Mobile software. Ignore this warning, it is a Microsoft bug
- The CAB file will create a new folder on the Pocket PC called \Program
Files\CTR-Rcvr\ and will copy the program, drivers, and audio .WAV files
into that folder. It will also add a CTR icon to your Programs
- Once the program has been installed, use File Explorer on
your Pocket PC to create a data folder in the \My Documents\
folder. This folder will be used to store your frequency list and log files.
In order to use CTR-Rcvr you must register it. You are free to use it
without obtaining a license but it will have the following limitations:
- You can only load or save 3 log and frequency list entries
- Only 3 DX spots can be downloaded from the DX cluster each session
- Radio connections are only active for 5 minutes each session
- You are allowed only 5 demo sessions
.NET Compact Framework
CTR-Remote requires the Microsoft .NET Compact Framework in order to run on
your Pocket PC. Pocket PC 2003 devices typically have these drivers installed.
To run the program on a Pocket PC 2002 device you'll need to download the
drivers from Microsoft.
Click here to navigate to the download site.