Download and Install Software
CTR-Remote is distributed as a self-installing CAB file. To install the
software, follow these steps:
- Download the self-installing ARM CAB zip file.
- Unzip the file and save the CAB file you need to a folder on
-->>> Pocket PC 2002
devices use the ARM CAB file
-->>> Pocket PC 2003/2005
(Windows Mobile 2003/2005) devices use the ARMV4 CAB
- Using My Computer on your PC, copy the CAB file from your PC
to the \My Documents\ folder on your Pocket PC.
- Using File Explorer on your Pocket PC, locate the CAB
file and click on it. This will execute the program and install
your Pocket PC. Once the install is complete, the CAB file will be
NOTE: You may get a message indicating that
the program won't display properly because it was designed for a previous
version of Windows Mobile software. Ignore this warning, it is a Microsoft bug
- The CAB file will create a new folder on the Pocket PC called \Program
Files\CTR\ and will copy the program, drivers, and audio .WAV files
into that folder. It will also add a CTR icon to your Programs
- Once the program has been installed, use File Explorer on
your Pocket PC to create a data folder in the \My Documents\
folder. This folder will be used to store your frequency list and log files.
In order to use CTR-Remote you must register it. You are free to use it
without obtaining a license but it will have the following limitations:
- You can only load or save 3 log and frequency list entries
- Only 3 DX spots can be downloaded from the DX cluster each session
- Radio connections are only active for 5 minutes each session
- You are allowed only 5 demo sessions
.NET Compact Framework
CTR-Remote requires the Microsoft .NET Compact Framework in order to run on
your Pocket PC. Pocket PC 2003/2005 devices typically have these drivers installed.
To run the program on a Pocket PC 2002 device you'll need to download the
drivers from Microsoft.
NOTE: Early 2003 devices had
buggy .NET drivers. If the program will not run after you install it, download
the latest .NET Compact 1.0 Framework drivers.
Click here to navigate to the Microsoft download site.